OnStar Business Solutions can work with a variety of fleet management companies and telematic service providers. It supplies companies with accurate data to improve their fleet operations.
OnStar Business Solutions brings together the integrity of embedded hardware with a wide array of telematics service providers and ﬂeet management companies to meet the unique needs of any size ﬂeet — in any industry. Using Commercial Vehicle APIs and Data Services can help save you time and development costs while allowing you to reach your audience quickly.
- Advanced Automatic Crash Notification (AACN)— Provides insightful incident-related data from the vehicle, such as were there multiple points of impact; were the air bags deployed or safety belt pretensioners engaged; what was the maximum delta-v, vehicle direction upon impact and vehicle location; if the front passenger seat was occupied; and the time stamp from when the incident occurred. (Requires an active/paid OnStar Safety & Security or Assurance subscription.)
- Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Notification — Receive diagnostic trouble code information for high-severity DTCs, including information such as description and recommended corrective action. (In-Vehicle Coaching’s posted speed monitoring feature will be disabled for any vehicle whose infotainment system privacy settings are set to mask the vehicle’s location. Vehicles must have the latest software in order to maximize connected services. Software updates can be installed via Over-the-Air updates or by visiting a GM dealership.)
- EV Charge Notiﬁcation — Provides charge state information, including charge start, abort and complete. When combined with the EV data, this information offers a comprehensive EV solution for ﬂeets.
- Field Service Recall — Provides information regarding an open service recall on the vehicle, including the NHTSA recall number, manufacturer recall number, recall description, and safety risk description.
- Hard Brake, Hard Acceleration & Driver Safety Belt — Reports hard braking, hard acceleration and driver safety belt information from the vehicle. The hard braking and hard acceleration events are triggered when the vehicle exceeds a predefined deceleration or acceleration threshold. Driver safety belt status is reported at ignition ON, at ignition OFF and anytime the driver safety belt status changes during the drive cycle (trip).
- In-Vehicle Coaching — Gives fleet managers specific driving behavior event information helping promote a strong safety culture as well as verbally coaching drivers in real time through the vehicle’s audio system to help them quickly modify their behavior and develop better behind-the-wheel habits. (In-Vehicle Coaching’s posted speed monitoring feature will be disabled for any vehicle whose infotainment system privacy settings are set to mask the vehicle’s location. Vehicles must have the latest software in order to maximize connected services. Software updates can be installed via Over-the-Air updates or by visiting a GM dealership.) Driving behaviors included in this service are:
— Driver safety belt status
— Passenger safety belt status
— Hard brake
— Hard acceleration
— Posted speed
— Maximum speed
- Pre-Delivery — Get insight into a vehicle’s location as well as its odometer, tire pressure, fuel level, and battery charge at every ignition OFF from the time the vehicle has been shipped from the plant until the vehicle is delivered to the customer and an OnStar account is created. (Once the OnStar account is created, data provided via the Pre-Delivery Data Service will no longer be available and the vehicle will need to be opted into Telemetry to receive location and other vehicle-related information.)
- Remote Vehicle Enable and Remote Vehicle Disable — An API that allows the user to remotely enable or disable the vehicle’s engine (subject to limitations).
- Telemetry — Provides vehicle information such as vehicle location, speed, ignition status and diagnostics from the vehicle at regular intervals. Electric vehicle (EV) equivalent info (battery level) is also available. (Location information (latitude/longitude) may not be available on vehicles equipped with infotainment systems that provide privacy capabilities that allows the driver to mask the vehicle location.)
- Theft Alert Notiﬁcation (TAN) — Provides a notiﬁcation when the vehicle anti-theft system is activated. This can be either a vehicle or content theft alert. (Requires an active/paid OnStar Safety & Security or Assurance subscription. Also, vehicle must be capable to support this feature.)
- Transactional API Calls — A single discrete request from the user to perform specific remote vehicle commands, such as lock and unlock door(s), honk horn and flash lights, and remote start and stop. Also, the user can retrieve certain vehicle information, such as vehicle location, diagnostics and electric vehicle-charge information.
- Wi-Fi Control — Provides the ability to remotely enable or disable the Wi-Fi® Hotspot as well as view and modify the SSID and password.
An OnStar ﬂeet account executive can help you ﬁnd the right ﬁt for your business with one of our providers.
Manage your ﬂeet with Fleet Complete to help reduce costs and downtime while maximizing productivity and efficiency.
Spireon FleetLocate® allows you to track and manage your ﬂeet with powerful insights and advanced alerts using your vehicle’s existing OnStar hardware.
Verizon Connect Fleet for GM enables management of a mobile workforce for location tracking, route management and driver safety coaching via the back oﬃce or mobile devices.
ARI invests in people, processes and technology to empower our clients in achieving a competitive advantage.
As an API and Machine Learning software company, they handle the inputs, sort through the millions of data points and decipher it all for you.
Optimize your ﬂeet with high-performance technology from Geotab that’s scalable and flexible and can be customized to suit your business needs.
Brings you up-to-the-minute automation, reporting, tracking and analytics, allowing your ﬂeet to run at its optimal efficiency — all inside your CRM system with Salesforce maps.
Comprehensive ﬂeet management solutions, unrivaled dedication and continuous collaboration ensure clients across industries drive unprecedented value for their organization.
Wheels is committed to helping you manage costs, make your ﬂeet program easy to administer and take care of your drivers.
Fleet leasing is available to keep your business scalable and allow you to react to changes in the market at a moment’s notice.
Reduce operating costs by measuring and managing your ﬂeet’s impact on your bottom line. Get meaningful consulting insights and actionable recommendations backed by real-time data.